Thursday, September 7, 2017

Vernon Vipers 2017-18 Roster:

The BCHL website has most if not all team rosters updated. The league has posted the Vipers 23 man roster today

Here is a look at the Vipers roster that's posted on the league website:

Goaltenders:

Ty Taylor (99) 6'3 200lbs Richmond, BC
Anthony Yamnitsky (97) 6'0 187lbs North Royalton, OH, USA

Defence:

Jack Judson (00) 6'0 170lbs White Rock, BC
Michael Young (98) 6'1 210lbs Medford, MA, USA
Michael Ufberg (97) 5'10 180lbs Richboro, PA, USA
Shane Kelly (97) 6'5 220lbs Orhcard Lake, MI, USA
Sol Seibel (99) 6'0 180lbs Kamloops, BC
Mitch Andres (98) 6'2 190lbs Brainerd, MN, USA
Chris Jandric (98) 5'11 170lbs Prince George, BC

Forwards:

Coleton Bilodeau (00) 6'1 185lbs Vernon, BC
Keyvan Mokhtari (98) 5'8 160lbs Burnaby, BC
Jordan Sandhu (99) 5'7 155lbs Richmond, BC
Alex Swetlikoff (01) 6'3 185lbs Kelowna, BC
Tanner Wishnowski (97) 6'0 180lbs Oakbank, MB
Brett Stapley (99) 5'10 170lbs Campbell River, BC
Josh Prokop (00) 5'10 175lbs Vernon, BC
Jagger Williamson (98) 5'8 180lbs Vernon, BC
Connor Marritt (99) 6'1 175lbs Kelowna, BC
Niko Karamanis (98) 5'9 173lbs Courtenay, BC
Jesse Lansdell (98) 5'10 190lbs Langley, BC
Jimmy Lambert (97) 6'0 172lbs Saskatoon, SK
Finn Evans (99) 6'4 187lbs Toronto, ON
Adam Panacci (99) 5'11 180lbs Nobleton, ON

1 comment:

vipersdiehardfan said...

I was shocked to see Ryan Brushett traded. Hes one of your play makers, a guy that can skate, move the puck up ice in a hurry and create/generate opportunities. He doesn't pass much, but opens the ice up on the rush. Can get you a goal if you need one. I'm more surprised that the Vipers only got future considerations in return. I know Mark Ferner said Brushett is a top six forward and he doesn't fit in the Vipers top six, so to be fair he sent him to a team that needed a top six forward. I'm ok with that but I sure hope the future considerations is a good player next season in return and just not cash. Brushett is worth more then just future considerations-cash. I have a funny feeling will be seeing Brushett back in the Interior very soon. The Eagles were the league's worst last season and he will be asking for a trade.

I had a feeling Simon Sagissor wouldn't be back. He just didn't do much of anything last year and again in training camp this year.

I was a little shocked they traded Quinton Ong. I really liked the kid and was hoping he would make the team. I liked him over Connor Marritt. I wonder if the Vipers will eventually get this 19 yr old defenceman they traded for? If he doesn't make the USHL, maybe will see him in Vernon?

I also liked the looks of Nicholas Cherkowski. I thought he looked good in exhibition and played well. 

I was also a little surprised to see Mitch Andres make the team. Other then the veterans and Michael Young, I thought he was one of the better-stronger defencemen at training camp, but once the exhibition games started, he was no where near as good nor did he play as good. I really liked the looks of Kyler Shmigelsky. I didn't notice him at all during training camp but once the exhibition started, he picked up his game and I thought was very good. I liked him over Mitch Andres.

I really like the looks of this years team and am very excited for the upcoming season. Can the Snakes compete with Penticton & Wenatchee this season or is 1st and 2nd place in the Interior already locked up with the Vees & Wild battling it out for the top two spots?