Saturday, April 4, 2020

On This Day In Vernon Vipers History:

Eleven years ago today (April 4th 2009) In
Game 2 of the BCHL League Finals best of seven series vs the Powell River Kings. Sahir Gill, Bryce Kakoske & Braden Pimm scored for Vernon, while Andrew Hammond stopped 32 of 32 Powell River shots for the win/shutout in front of 960 fans at the Hap Parker Arena. Vernon outshot Powell River 36-32. This was Hammond's second of back to back shutouts after shutting out Powell River 4-0 the night before in Game 1. This was Hammond's fourth shutout of the playoffs. With the win Vernon took a 2-0 series lead, would eventually win the series 4-2 winning the Fred Page Cup for a franchise record tenth time.

Boxscore-Game Summary,

https://bchl.ca/stats/game-summary/4509

Andrew Hammond's Player Profile:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/38007/andrew-hammond

2 comments:

vipersdiehardfan said...

I hope everyone is enjoying "On This Day In Vernon Vipers History" It sure brings back some great or special memories. I wish I could go back to the earlier years in Vernon Vipers history, but the league website only goes back to the 2003-04 season. It's really hard to find game stats from games prior to 2003. Anything prior to 2003 I don't have the box score-game summary or stats. I wish I had stats/info from games going back to the 90's and early 2000's. I have spent countless hours searching the web, old programs, newspaper clippings for anything I could find or try and piece together. I will try my best to keep searching to see what I can find.

Anonymous said...

VDHF ,
Keep up the great work !