Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Blog Enters Fourteenth Season:

Hello Vipers/hockey fans! Welcome back to another season of Vernon Vipers hockey. With the preseason games ending over the weekend, I would like to introduce myself to any new viewers. 

This will be my fourteenth season of my Vipersdiehardfan Blog. I created and started this blog in November 2008 and have over 2 million viewers. I was born and raised in Vernon, BC and been watching/following Junior hockey in Vernon my entire life. My family watched/followed senior mens hockey in Vernon in the 1950s and has been watching/following Junior hockey in Vernon since it started in 1961. I have two family members that played Junior hockey in Vernon. I myself was a stick boy/water boy for a short period in my younger years and did a little colour commentating with the Vipers in 2003. From 2011-2015 I helped create and run the Vipers website. I have had season tickets since 1990 and only missed 5 home games since 2004 and 46 home games since 1990.

I collect and keep my Vipers ticket stubs and programs from every Vipers game home or away. I have ticket stubs going back to the early 1980s and programs going back to 1987. 

During the upcoming Vipers season I will try my best at keeping Viper fans updated through out the hockey season and even through out the summer. I will keep fans in the loop with game previews, scores, game recaps, game highlights, trades, videos and alumni updates and much more.

Fans can leave comments or suggestions in the comment box below. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit my blog. 

Vipersdiehardfan

2 comments:

Marty said...

14 seasons is a hell of a run and a tremendous amount of dedication. Thank You for keeping us informed on “all things Viper”. I am looking forward to the season and especially when we can talk face to face again. We all may not agree and may have different views of the team but can agree that we are so fortunate to have this outstanding BLOG. Keep it going, we appreciate it. Go Vipers Go!!!

ron said...

I agree with Marty. We are fortunate to have this quality of Jr hockey and the reporting the blog offers us. I look fwd to your blog every morning and have convinced a few friends to read you as well. Thanks for your efforts. Best in the BCHL.GO VIPERS