Saturday, August 29, 2026

Chicago Steel Call Up Ex Viper Kanat From Minnesota:

The United States Hockey League Chicago Steel have called up

former Vernon Vipers goaltender Oliver Kanat from the North American Hockey League Minnesota Wilderness.

Source: Minnesota Wilderness Instagram


The Minnesota Wilderness selected Oliver Kanat 31st overall in Round 1 of the 2026 NAHL Entry Draft.

The Chicago Steel selected Oliver Kanat 139th overall in Round 9 of the 2026 USHL Draft.

Kanat spent the 2025-26 season with the Vernon Vipers. Kanat attended the Vernon Vipers training camp, later signed with the team September 14th 2025. In 27 games with the Vernon Vipers, Kanat went 6-13 with a 3.51 GAA

Oliver Kanat's Player Profile:

2 comments:

vipersdiehardfan said...

I really liked Kanat and was hoping he was going to return this season. Once I heard he was drafted by Minnesota and the Vipers had signed three goaltenders for this season, I figured there was a chance he may not come back. Wishing him the best this season.

Karl said...

Congratulations Oliver Kanat on your call up to the USHL you will be missed on the vipers team I was looking forward to watching you develop even more this coming season. Hopefully not to many more of our eligible returning players don’t leave before regular season starts. And hopefully there will be a schedule posted in the next couple days of scrimmage games for our up coming training camp