Friday, July 23, 2021

Day 1 Report From Vipers Spring Identification Camp:

I was born and raised in Vernon, BC and been watching/following junior hockey in Vernon my entire life. I have had season tickets since 1990 and only missed five home games since 2004 and 46 home games since 1990. Here are my thought's and views from todays camp.

I stopped by Kal Tire Place North after work this evening to check out Day 1 from the Vernon Vipers Spring Identification Camp. 

-Camp consists of 2 thirty minute run time periods

-Ice is cleaned after each period

-A penalty is an automatic penalty shot

-No lineup/roster sheets were available

The first game/scrimmage of the day at 2:45pm was between Team Blue & Team Black. I missed the opening game of camp.

In the second game of the evening saw Team Green defeat Team White 5-0 It was 3-0 for Team Green after the opening period before adding two more goals in the final frame. Team White didn't generate much offence or had a lot of puck possession.

In the third and final game of the night saw Team Gold defeat Team Red 6-2 It was 1-1 after thirty minutes before Team Gold blew the game open in the 2nd period to come away with the win. 

With no rosters or lineup sheets available it was difficult to follow the teams/players as you didn't know who the players were.

I would guess there was about 70-80 people in attendance tonight. I have heard maximum capacity is 200 people

Day 2 of Spring Identification Camp continues Saturday morning with the first scrimmage/game starting at 8am

Here are some pictures I took during tonight's Vipers Spring Identification Camp,

No comments: