Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Former Viper Nyjer Morgan Had Twitter Account Hacked:

Former Vernon Vipers defenceman Nyjer Morgan recently had his twitter account hacked.  Morgan elected free agency, a day after the Milwaukee Brewers hastened his departure by outrighting him from the 40-man roster. Morgan played as an "AP" as a 16 year old with the Vipers during the (1996-1997) season. Morgan was drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 33rd round of the 2002 Major League Baseball Draft. On September 1, 2007, Morgan made his major league debut for the Pittsburgh Pirates against the Milwaukee Brewers as a late-season call-up. Morgan finished his second season with the Brewers is with his third major league team (Pittsburgh, Washington & Milwaukee).

Nyjer Morgan's Player Profile:

http://brewers.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=460579#gameType='S'§ionType=career&statType=1&season=2012

This is posted on the USA Today website:

Nyjer Morgan 'hacked' on Twitter by someone who thinks he's unfaithful

Mike Foss, USA TODAY Sports

January 14, 2013

Nyjer Morgan's Twitter account began posting several unflattering tweets around 7 p.m. on Monday night.

The Milwaukee Brewers outfielder's account announced to his following of over 85,000 that he had been unfaithful to his girlfriend.

"I did something horrible today nation I cheated on my girlfriend," the initial tweet began. "I ruined her life and I will pay the price for this I loved her but was bad"

The account fired off two more messages in similar fashion:

"She caught me as much as I loved her I'm just a cheater I'm sorry"

"The truth will come out"

Morgan's account also changed its bio section to read:

"This is dedicated to my x girlfriend that i cheated on and left in the streets this page was changed by me"

Approximately an hour after the first tweet surfaced, Morgan tweeted the following explanation:

"What's good nation? NEWS ALERT! My account was hacked! I'm in the process of changing all my info and starting a new account! AAAAHHHH!"

Morgan fired of two more tweets assuring his followers of his happiness and anticipation for the 2013 MLB season, including his Twitter trademark 'AHHHH GOTTA GO' sign off.

"This is the real T-Plush! You won't see anymore of those nonsense tweets! AHHHH GOTTA GO!!!!"

"My life is fantastic right now! Can't Wait for Baseball Season!"

Regardless of the circumstance, there is no question the entire exchange was uncomfortable and unfortunate. To hopefully insure his account would never been stolen again, Morgan confirmed he changed his password.

"I just changed my password. I hope this works! AAAHHH!"

For everyone's sake, let's hope it does.

No comments: