Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thoughts On DePape-Kerr Trade:

I noticed the trade posted on the BCHL website, wich includes the Vipers also sending future considerations to the Bulldogs along with Ryan DePape. I dont know anything on James Kerr, so far from the Alberni Valley fans on here, it sounds like there isnt much too this young kid. Guess us Vipers fans will find out this weekend. I was looking at Kerrs stats from last season, Kerr put up 43 pts with the Bulldogs. Seems to me like Kerr can put up some decent numbers and now playing on a better team in Vernon, he may be a good pick up. Im looking forward to seeing Kerr play this weekend. In DePape he has size and lots of WHL experience and leadership, in his first few games with the Vipers Ryan looked good, with some slick passing and having a nose for the net, but as the more games he played, the more DePape was less noticable. I havnt been over impressed with the veteran ex WHLer. Hasnt brought that physical pressence I think the team was looking for. I expected alot more from a 20 year old. Best of luck in Alberni Valley Ryan! Welcome to Vernon James! What kind of player are the Vipers getting in James Kerr?

No comments: