Thursday, October 8, 2009

R.I.P. Wayne Buck

Id like to take this time to send my thoughts and prayers to the Buck family after this sad and very terrible news regarding Wayne Buck. I met "Bucky" many years ago back in the good old days at a Vernon Vipers game in the old Civic Arena. It wasnt until about four years ago that I got to know Wayne and become very good friends, we always seemed to run into one another either at the rink, around town or at work. Bucky always had a smile on his face, wanting to talk hours on end about hockey and the Vernon Vipers. I ran into Bucky and his wife Sharon at the Royal Bank Cup in Victoria, and ended up either going for dinners or drinks after most of the Vipers games, a group of us Viper fans all got together with Wayne and Sharon for a bbq before one of the Viper games, I will never forget having a cold beverage with Bucky in the "tent" after the Vipers just finished winning the RBC Cup, Wayne was so thrilled the Vipers won the cup & was telling me some great stories from when the Vipers had last won the RBC Cup back in 1999! Bucky had just stopped by work Monday afternoon to drop off his hockey pool with me, and then I hear this news late last night, very very sad. One of the nicest guys around, Wayne will be missed! R.I.P. Bucky!!

No comments: