Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 3 From Vipers Training Camp:

I stopped by the third and final day of Vipers training camp after work tonight and caught the final 10 minutes of the camp. Team White defeated Team Red 5-2. With only catching the last 10 minutes of camp tonight, it was not enough time to really get a good look at anyone. I wish camp would have been on the weekend, like in past years. This way giving most people who work during the week a chance at catching a full game if they wanted too. With camp now over it was hard to get a good read on many of the players, as I only had about 30 minutes or so after work to catch the remainder of the games. Im really looking forward to the Blue & White game tomorrow night, this way I can get a good look at the teams after some cuts from the past 3 days.

In the few shifts I watched, Nick Amies looked very solid in front of the net. Amies skating is much improved and looks a little more confident out there.

Justin Goritz 92 played on Team White and for a kid I havnt really got to watch much of, in the final few minutes Goritz made several saves in close and then come up with a nice glove save in the final minute. This kid plays his angles very well, didnt look to give up much of any kind of rebounds. I wonder if the Vipers will keep him along for the exibition games?

No comments: