Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Sad Day For Hockey.... R.I.P Ron Boileau

A sad day in hockey for all, Mr. Ron Boileau did so much for the BCHL and hockey in general. A man who spent most of his time in his basement keeping stats, looking through old newspapers, or magazines looking for everything and anything to do with the BCJHL. Mr. Boileau took the time to talk to fans at the rink, would answer any questions and talk your ear off on anything to do with hockey. I met Mr. Boileau a few times in Vernon and had a few interesting conversations with the BCJHL hockey legend. I made sure and purchased my BCJHL league record books and media guides each year, with a thank you letter from Ron as well as a special gift for being a dedicated fan to the game he loved. Thank you Mr. Boileau for everything you did for the BCJHL and hockey in general. You will be sadly missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Boileau family. R.I.P Ron Boileau

No comments: