Monday, September 6, 2010

Bronocs Name Mullin New Play By Play Man:


This is posted on the Swift Current Broncos website:

The Eagle 94.1 Announces New Play by Play Voice

The Swift Current Broncos and their radio broadcast partner, The Eagle 94.1, are pleased to announce that Shawn Mullin will become the team’s new play by play voice.

Mullin has spent the last 4 seasons as the play by play announcer for the Trail Smoke Eaters in the British Columbia Hockey League on Mountain FM. Mullin, originally from Ottawa, replaces Jon Keen who has left to work for NL Broadcasting in Kamloops.

Mullin will work as the morning sports reporter and co-host with Chance DuPerreault on The Eagle 94.1. DuPerreault, also is the station’s program director, is confident in Mullin’s abilities. “We're very excited to start a new era of Broncos’ play by play and know Shawn will be a great fit for both the team and our group of radio stations. It's the end of an era with Jon moving to Kamloops, we wish him well in the future. At the same time, we welcome Shawn to Swift Current. He'll be a great addition to the Broncos organization, to Golden West Radio, and more importantly, to our community.

Mullin’s first day in Swift Current will be September 20th.



I know this has nothing to do with the Vernon Vipers, but I think anytime the BCHL loses a good friend, it’s nice to say goodbye.

I would like to take this time to wish Shawn Mullin all the best with his new job as play by play man for the WHL Swift Current Broncos. Shawn you will be truly missed in Trail and in the BCHL. I first come across Shawns Trail Smoke Eaters blog http://smokeeatersblog.blogspot.com/ about four years ago, one of if not the best blog in the BCHL by far! I check it out daily, & always enjoy the interviews, pictures and comments regarding the Smokies and other news across the BCHL. Shawn just like other BCHL broadcasters and bloggers has his own opinion on the Smoke Eaters and does a great job! Due to being a Vipers fan, I have only had the chance at listening to Mr. Mullins broadcasts when the Vipers visit Trail, but must say Shawn does a great job and makes it very enjoyable to listen to the games. I know myself running a blog can be and is alot of work, I don’t do nearly the amount of work that Shawn puts into his, plus all of his other duties that he does with the hockey team, but know the effort & time it takes to make it all happen. It was Mr. Mullin who gave me the idea to start up my own blog, one on the Vipers. I had a few Viper fans around the rink that gave me the idea a few years back, but I never really put any thought into it, until Shawn messaged me sometime ago. I put some thought into the idea and started up “vipersdiehardfan blog” wich is in its third season. Thanks Shawn for giving me the idea and being a regular visitor of my blog. Even though you wont be with the BCHL anymore, I hope you still keep in touch and visit my blog now and again. Thanks again for keeping me and many other fans up to date with the Smoke Eaters & the BCHL. Much appreciated! Were really going to miss you!

I wish you nothing but the best in Swift Current and hope you do a blog with the Broncos.

Keep in touch,

Vipersdiehardfan

1 comment:

Shawn said...

I only just saw this now and wanted to say thank you so much for the very kind words. They mean a lot to me. The Vipers and BCHL are lucky to have supporters like you. I'll certainly keep reading and stay in touch.