Thursday, September 24, 2009

Q & A with Cole Ikkala:


This is on the Vipers website:

Q & A with Cole Ikkala

by viper staff Added 2009-09-22

How did you get into hockey?

My dad played D1 Hockey in Northern Michigan and I’ve been playing ever since I was about 5 years old.

What was it like to win the RBC Cup? And when did you know your team was going to win?

It was a great feeling, we worked hard all year to get there and I knew once we got to the final championship game. We had such a deep team.

How important is it to have fans in the building?

It is so important and great to have fan support. They create such a great atmosphere and it makes it harder for the visiting team.

What was your favourite hockey moment other then the RBC Cup?

I would say winning Nationals as a Pee Wee in Charleston South Carolina when I was 12.

What are you doing when you’re not playing hockey?

In the summer I am hitting up the beach, training and playing golf with my dad.

What do you like about playing in Vernon?

Great coaches, great team, great arena and a great community that cares about their home town team.

What teams are you looking forward to playing against?

Probably Penticton and Salmon Arm because they are both big rivals and usually makes an exciting game.

What is it like playing without your brother?

It’s a little different. I was with him so much last year and I liked playing with him. It was the second time we were on the same team as we played on the same Midget team in Colorado.

What should fans expect from you this season?

A hard working power forward who will create some excitement and offence.

Funniest Viper and why?

Pimmer, he just says some funny stuff.

Messiest Viper and why?

Soderlund, he is always leaving stuff behind every where he goes.


No comments: