Thursday, September 17, 2009

Q & A With Captian Kevin Kraus:


This is posted on the Vipers website:

q & a with captian Kevin Kraus

by viper staff Added 2009-09-15

How did you get into hockey? Well growing up in California I played roller hockey cause my parents ran a couple rinks so I could play whenever I wanted, when I was 14 I got into ice hockey and have since moved up to Canada.

What's it like coming back to play after winning the RBC? Its great! We're lucky to be coming back and still have such a great team and have a shot at doing it again.

What did you get up to over the summer? Well I stayed in Vernon for most of the summer and trained in town.. I went home to California for 2 weeks to get a little vacation in before the season started back up.

What is is like to be named Captain of the Vernon Vipers? It's an honor to be named captain of this team I'm very excited for the season and leading this team to another great season.

How do you plan to be a leader? Well I think I have learned a lot from last years captain Chris Crowell so that will help me a lot. The biggest thing for me I think will be to just be able to hold everyone accountable for what there doing and to be able to keep everyone on the right track.

What are your feelings on the 2009/2010 Vernon Vipers squad? We have another great team this year and were already gelling really well so as long as we can transfer that to on the ice we will have another great season.

Who do you think will be the hardest teams to face? I think Penticton and Salmon Arm will be our biggest competition this year and it will be great to keep those rivalries going for another year.

Who is the funniest Viper? I'd have to say it would be Braden Pimm... he is just so random and always finds a way to lighten up the mood.

What Viper do you hang out with the most and what do you do? Probably Pimm since we live together but we all pretty much hang out together and go see movies or hang out and play video games or just hang out and relax.

Who is the messiest Viper? That's a tough one to answer at this point... ask in a couple months and I'll let you know!

What's your greatest hockey moment, other then winning the RBC? Other then winning the RBC...I'd have to say it was scoring the teddy bear toss goal last year.. that was something ill never forget because I don't score to many goals and that was a pretty amazing feeling with all the bears coming over the glass!

No comments: