Friday, July 16, 2010

Kraus Going To Texas:

This is posted on the Vipers website:

Kraus going to Texas

by viper staff Added 2010-07-16

Kevin Kraus will join the Texas Brahmas of the Central Hockey League for the 2010-2011 season. Kevin helped the Vipers win two National Champions and was named Captain for his final season in Vernon. When asked about going to Texas Kevin replied “I'm excited to go there and have a new experience and play pro hockey. My parents lived in Texas for a bit and they said I will love it and there is good BBQ there which I'm looking forward to!”

The CHL has 15 teams ranging from Arizona to Mississippi in nine states and 7 of those teams are in Texas. Kraus who knows a thing or two about playing against rival teams will bring a solid defensive physical type of game to the team and “just try to play the same type of style I did with the Vipers.” Kraus is also looking forward to playing pro hockey and getting to live in a new place and meet new people. The Brahmas won the CHL championship for the first time in 2009 and Kevin hopes to get them another one.

Vipers coaches, Mark Ferner and Jason Williamson, helped Kevin by making calls and finding a place for Kevin to play and Kraus added “Texas was the best place for me and felt I could contribute most there. I owe a lot to my coaches for there help and I'm very thankful.”

Kevin also added “I just want to thank the fans for supporting me and the team for so long and for making my tenure in Vernon the best it could possible be, and a special thanks to all the Vipers staff for helping me through the years and giving me every opportunity to succeed. I will miss all of you and have a lot of great memories of our times together.”

The Vipers would like wish Kevin all the best in his pro career and know he will succeed in everything he does.

No comments: