Thursday, July 22, 2010

Congrats Kevin!

Id like to take this time to congratulate former Vipers defenseman Kevin Kraus on his signing with the CHL's Texas Brahmas. Not many Viper fans were big fans of Kevin, But I was one of the few. I thought Kevin improved his game each and all of the three season's spent playing in Vernon. Mark Ferner and the Vipers coaching staff had alot to do with this. I thought Kevin's best year was 2009, Kevin really stepped up his play come the 2009 playoffs, I thought Kevin played his best hockey as a Viper helping the Vipers win the 2009 Royal Bank Cup. Kraus was a warrior during the playoffs that year, I will never forget Kevin having a heck of a series vs Salmon Arm, blocking shots, getting injured and still playing on basically one leg and still took a regular shift. I will never forget Kevin sucking it up, and still blocking shots on one leg late in one of those games vs the Silverbacks. What a series he had. I was thrilled to hear Kevin signed a pro contract, and still has a chance to play the game he loves. Kevin is the first American born Captain to help the Vipers-Lakers win the National Championship.

Thanks for three great years in Vernon, nothing but great memories for sure! I wish you all the best in Texas and the rest of your hockey career.

No comments: