Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day Two From Vipers Spring Camp:

Due to work yesterday I was unable to catch any of Vipers Spring Camp. I went down to the Wesbild Centre this afternoon and saw parts of two games. I missed the first game this morning but saw a 8-8 tie between Team Yellow & Team White. In the final game of the afternoon I caught half of Team Blue vs Team Red game, as Team Red was up 4-1 before I left.

With no lineup sheets-rosters I didnt know any names on any of the teams. There are 80 kids at the Vipers Spring Camp that goes until tomorrow. Former Vernon Vipers captain, Kevin Kraus was the referee while former Vernon Lakers forward and Salmon Arm Silverbacks head coach-gm Rylan Ferster was in attendance scouting the camp.

Players that I thought played well-stood out,

Team White:

#16 (One of Team White's for offensive minded forwards)
#7 (Has some good size, and seemed to do ok in the defensive zone)
#5 (One of the better d-men that I saw play today)

Team Yellow:

#16 (This kid has some size and skill, was buzzing in and around the net all game. Has some very nice hands)
#8 (A smaller kid, but played with alot of jump-energy, has some fairly good speed)
#12 (Looked fairly good up front, made a few nice plays this afternoon)

Team Red:

#30 (Only allowed the one goal on a penalty shot, but made two huge breakaway saves early in the game. Played very well from what I saw)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you meant #3 white

Unknown said...

Yeah too bad we couldn't have had a list of players to match the numbers. Would have been nice. The red team seemed to have a few players as well. Just saw the Friday afternoon and a litle of the Saturday action.