Monday, September 9, 2013

Miller And Klepp Leave The Booth:

This was in the RBC Cup Newsletter:

Miller and Klepp Leave the Booth

August 18th 2013

Volume 2 Issue 3

After 15 years and 973 games calling Merritt Centennial and Vernon Viper hockey games without missing a single game, Todd Miller has left the radio booth to spend more time attending to Viper business matters.

His sidekick, Don Klepp, has also stepped aside to devote full time to his role as RBC Cup event manager.

"I think we were an unusual pairing in some ways," says Klepp. "Todd, despite his relative youth, has been the serious, seasoned professional and I, despite my advanced years, often acted like a kid in the booth. Todd had to rein me in a few times and I was aware that he had the option of killing my microphone. Still we had a lot of fun and fans have told us they've enjoyed the broadcasts. Most of that has been due to Todd's great radio voice, his ability to describe the action, and his amazing ability to pluck facts out of the air."

Miller won BCHL broadcaster of the year in 2010, as the Vipers marched to their second championship in a row. He says that "calling those three RBC Cup finals was as good as it gets in Jr. A hockey and it's hard to leave in another RBC Cup season. I've had some second thoughts but there are things on the business side that need more attention and I am looking forward to spending more time with my
family."

He adds that "We're going to continue to improve Viper fans' experience at games and to take good care of Viper sponsors and business partners. On the ice, expectations are high this year - we have a solid veteran core and a strong group of recruits. The way the team came together at the end of last
year is a very good sign."

No comments: