Friday, September 22, 2017

Admirals Re-Sign Ex Vipers Defenceman Hetnik:

The East Coast Hockey League Norfolk Admirals have re-signed former Vernon Vipers defenceman Marc Hetnik.

Hetnik finished his fourth and final season with the UMass Minutemen last year, before signing his first professional contract as a College free agent with the Admirals March 9th 2017.

Hetnik picked up one assist in five games with the Admirals last year, played two seasons in Vernon (2011-2013). In 112 regular season games with the Vipers Hetnik collected (6-goals-22-assists-28-points).

Marc Hetnik's Player Profile:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=128531

This was posted on the Admirals website:

Hetnik To Continue Career With Norfolk

July 24, 2017/in Press Releases /by Norfolk Admirals

NORFOLK, VA. – The Norfolk Admirals, proud new ECHL affiliate of the Nashville Predators, announced the signing of defenseman Marc Hetnik today.

Hetnik, 25, played five games for the Admirals in March after signing as a college free agent from the University of Massachusetts (Amherst).

“A lot of why I wanted to come back to Norfolk had to do with the opportunity to play for Coach Ftorek,” Hetnik said. “During my time with the team at the end of the year he made quite the impression on me. He made me feel comfortable and is someone who I want to learn from every day.”

A strong 6’2” – 192 lbs., stay-at-home blue-liner, Hetnik played 125 Divison I NCAA games over four years at school.

“I want to look at this year, my first full pro year, as a new chapter. I’m looking forward to coming in, focusing on playing well and helping the team win some games. That’s my number one goal,” Hetnik continued.
Over the course of his first professional stint, the Brookline, MA native contributed one point, an assist coming against Reading on March 17.

“One thing I know I’ll need to do is try to get better every day. I’m not worried about numbers or points. Coach Ftorek is a great person to help me pinpoint things that I’ll have to work on.”

The Admirals will kick off their 2017-18 campaign in October, with the home opener coming on Friday the 27th against the South Carolina Stingrays.

No comments: