Monday, August 8, 2011

UNH Recruit Vecchione Coming To Vernon?

I received a message on my blog yesterday stating that Forward Mike Vecchione, a recruit of the University of New Hampshire (UNH) has been listed on Heisenberg as playing for the Vernon Vipers this fall. I did some research and couldnt find alot of info on Vecchione but did read on one college hockey scouting website that Vecchione will be playing this year with the Vernon Vipers before heading to UNH for the 2012-13 season. I also found a little blurb about Vecchione on espn's website.

F - Mike Vecchione, Malden Catholic

The Lancers captain and UNH signee led their potent offense with 70 points (26G, 44A) during the regular season. The senior winger also broke the Catholic Conference’s all-time single-season scoring record during MC’s run in the Super Eight. The Saugus native is looking at playing in either the British Columbia Hockey League or the United State Hockey League next year.

6 comments:

Mike Lowry said...

I've received confirmation from Seth Blank, who covers the Tri-City Storm for the Kearney Hub in Nebraska, that Mike Vecchione plans on attending the Storm's training camp. The information on Vecchione on the 2012 Heisenberg List was updated today.
UNHClarkHislopCox

Unknown said...

I may have missed it here, but speaking of the Heisenburg list... do you know of anything confirming Kyle Murphy to Providence College on the 6th?

vipersdiehardfan said...

UNHClarkHislopCox, Thanks for viewing my blog and sending me both messages on Mike Vecchione. You were saying Vecchione plans on attending the Storms training camp. Does this mean he has signed with the Storm? or is there still a chance he may land in Vernon?

Thanks, Vipersdiehardfan

vipersdiehardfan said...

Jayrox, Thanks for viewing my blog. I havnt heard any news on Kyle Murphy, so dont worry you havnt missed anything that I know of. I remember when the Vipers season ended, there was word he was planning on committing to a school sometime within the following month or so, but no announcement or news of anything to date. If you hear of anything, please let me know.

Thanks, Vipersdiehardfan

Mike Lowry said...

I really like the look and layout of your blog, vipersdiehardfan. I'm on The UNH Men's Hockey Blog (http://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com). At the Tri-City Storm's tryout camp earlier this summer, Mike Vecchione made the 25-man Active Roster so he has a pretty good chance of making the final roster after the upcoming training camp. I don't know if Vecchione has "signed" with Tri-City. As I understand USHL rules, even if he has signed, nothing prevents him from playing in another junior league.
C-H-C

vipersdiehardfan said...

UNHClarkHislopCox, Thanks for the nice comments and link to UNH Mens hockey blog. I will have to try and follow the Storm and see what happens with Mike Vecchione. Keep in touch. Thanks again for checking out my blog.

Vipersdiehardfan