Monday, July 6, 2009

Boston U Getting A True Character In Santana:

Id like to take the time to congradulate Vipers forward, Ryan Santana on getting a scholarship this coming season at Boston University. Santana come to the Vipers this past season after playing last year in the USHL. From day 1 at the Vipers training camp last summer, Ryan stood out from all the rest. This kid could skate, score and overall I thought was the best player at the Vernon camp. Mr. Santana was my favorite player this past hockey season, Ryan played with his heart on his sleave, giving it it all each and every shift. A true leader Ryan reminded me alot like former Vipers captain, Mike Ullrich. Just the way he played and carried the puck, his size and hard work made him very difficult for the visitors to knock him off the puck. A solid two way player who didnt put up big numbers (12 goals-13 assists-25 points) played well at both ends of the rink, especially in his own end. Santana's work ethic, grit and strong skating made him very strong in and around the net. Santana who went down during the Vipers playoff run in the Interior Conference Finals vs Salmon Arm, come back not at 100% during the Doyle Cup vs Grande Prairie, showing his heart and desire to play and win. Ryan then took home the most sportsmanlike award at the RBC Cup in Victoria. Ryan is going from winning the Royal Bank Cup with the Vipers to now joining the defending Champion Boston University Terriers. Id like to thank Ryan for a great season with the Vipers and wish him nothing but the best of luck in Boston. Thanks for some great memories!

This now puts the Vipers with 11 players who have picked up scholarships:

Kyle Bigos Merrimack (NCAA Div. I)
Cameron Brodie Colgate (NCAA Div. I)
Ryan Santana Boston University (NCAA Div. I)
Mike Collins Merrimack (NCAA Div. I)
Chris Crowell Alaska Anchorage (NCAA Div. I)
Andrew Hammond Bowling Green (NCAA Div. I)
Cody Ikkala Army (NCAA Div. I)
Connor Jones Quinnipiac (NCAA Div. I)
Kellen Jones Quinnipiac (NCAA Div. I)
James Kerr (With Alberni Valley) Princeton (NCAA Div. I)
Braden Pimm Northeastern (NCAA Div I)

No comments: