The ECHL announced their Protected Lists as submitted by each of its member teams. The Idaho Steelheads have twenty three players listed on their protected list, one of the twenty three players is former Vernon Vipers forward Zach Andrusiak.
Andrusiak was in his first season with the Steelheads, before the season was cancelled due to COVID-19. In 49 games last season, Andrusiak had (10-goals-13-assists-23-points).
Andrusiak spent the past three seasons in the Western Hockey League with Seattle, Prince Albert & Everett before signing his first professional contract with the Steelheads August 8th 2019.
Andrusiak played fifteen games with the 2015-16 Vernon Vipers. The Vipers signed Andrusiak October 1st 2015 after being released from the Western Hockey League Tri-City Americans. Andrusiak picked up two assists with the Vipers before being released November 5th 2015.
Zach Andrusiak's Player Profile:
This was posted on the ECHL website:
ECHL ANNOUNCES PROTECTED LISTS
02 Jun 2020
The ECHL on Tuesday announced the Protected Lists as submitted by each of its Member teams.
Teams are allowed to protect as many players as they wish provided the players protected meet the guidelines as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association which state that teams shall retain the rights to each player that:
1. Signed an SPC in 2019-20 with the Member, and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed an SPC in 2019-20, and was recalled to the NHL/AHL or IIHF team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Had received a Qualifying Offer last summer for the current Season, DID NOT sign an SPC, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the Member or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed an SPC on or after the first day of the 2019-20 Regular Season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released.
Protected lists may exceed 20 players.
The ECHL also announced that teams must complete all Future Consideration trades by 3 p.m. ET on June 12 and that teams must submit their Season-Ending Roster by 3 p.m. ET on June 15.
Idaho Steelheads – Brady Norrish, Keegan Kanzig, Matt Stief, Jeff King, Colton Saucerman, Evan Wardley, Eric Sweetman, Zack Andrusiak, Yannick Veilleux, Colby McAuley, Kenton Helgesen, A.J. White, Kyle Schempp, Will Merchant, Brett Supinski, Marco Roy, Max Coatta, Jonathan Charbonneau, Mitch Moroz, Steve McParland, Alexander Dahl, Tony Cameranesi and Joe Basaraba