Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Blog Enters Twelfth Season:

Hello Vipers/Hockey fans! Welcome to another season of Vernon Vipers hockey! With the Vipers pre-season coming to an end over the long weekend, for any new viewers or followers let me introduce myself.

During the upcoming Vipers season I will try my best at keeping Viper fans updated through the year. Over the course of this season I will keep fans in the loop with Game previews, scores, game recaps, newspaper articles, trades, roster moves, game highlight's, videos, alumni updates and much much more.

This will be the twelfth season of my Vipersdiehardfan Blog. I started this blog in December of 2008 and since then I'm closing in on 1.7 million viewers.  
I was born and raised in Vernon, BC and have been watching Junior hockey in Vernon my entire life. I have had season tickets since 1990. My family has been following-watching Senior Mens/Junior hockey in Vernon since the late 1950s.  I have two family members & a few friends that played Junior hockey in Vernon. Since 1990 I have missed 45 home games. I have missed five Vipers home games since 2009. 

Here is a list of the Vernon Lakers/Vipers home games I have missed since the 1990-91 season

1990-91 Missed one regular season home game
1994-95 Missed one regular season home game
1995-96 Missed three home playoff games
1997-98 Missed seven regular season home games
1998-99 Missed thirteen regular season home games and two playoff home games
1999-00 Missed five regular season home games and four playoff home games
2001-02 Missed four regular season home games
2002-03 Missed one playoff home game
2009-10 Missed one regular season home game
2018-19 Missed three regular season home games

I collect and have kept all of my Vernon Lakers/Vipers ticket stubs & programs from every game I have gone too since the 1990-91 season. I have ticket stubs & programs going back to 1988.

I attended the 1990 Centennial Cup in Vernon, watching the Lakers win their first National Championship.  I also travelled and went to the 2009 Royal Bank Cup in Victoria, the 2010 Royal Bank Cup in Dauphin and the 2011 Royal Bank Cup in Camrose & of course was at the 2014 RBC Cup in Vernon. I helped out as stick boy with the Vernon Lakers during the 1993-94 season as well as helped out as color commentator with the Vipers during the 2003-04 season doing some games over the internet and for five seasons (2011-2015) helped create the new Vipers website in 2011 and updating the Vipers website from 2011-2015.

Thanks to all of you for visiting this site and your continued support!  I cant thank you enough!  

Vipersdiehardfan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No... Thank You for you commitment to the Vipers & to keeping us informed. Your record of games attended is truly amazing. I start each day checking your Blog for news & updates and am never disappointed. Please keep up the great work, we are lucky to have you. Keep Your Stick On The Ice, see you at the games.