Saturday, April 27, 2013

Day 2 From Vipers Spring Camp:

I missed the first two scrimmages this morning but stopped by the rink this afternoon to check out the final three games at the Vipers Spring Camp. 

In the third game of the day I watched Team Red knock off Team White 4-2.  Jared Marchi has some wheels, moves the puck well and has some skill, played well today for Team Red. 

In the fourth game of the day Team Blue come from behind to defeat Team Black 5-4 in a shoot-out.  Team Black was up 4-2 heading into the 3rd but gave up a late game tying goal with under three minutes remaining to force the shoot-out.  For the second straight day Jordan Werezak impressed me, playing very well between the pipes for Team Black.  Vipers forward Craig Martin & #21 (isnt listed on the lineup sheet) both played well for the second straight day.  D-man Mitch Dolman also played well for Team Black.  Vipers forward TJ Dumonceaux was buzzing this afternoon, even dropped the gloves in the only fight of the game.  #21 for Team Blue who isnt listed on the lineup sheet scored once, hit the post and generated some offensive skill today.  Was impressed with his play.

In the final game of the day Team Yellow defeated Team White 5-2 in a game where Team Yellow was just to strong and carried the better of the play.  Vipers forward Logan Mick dropped the mits in the lone fight of the game.  Goaltender Braden Krogfoss who has looked good all camp played very well today for Team White.  Allowed one soft goal but other wise was very good in the loss.  Matt Carr was impressive for Team Yellow on the blueline, jumped up into the play often.  Matthew Hill was very strong and Team Yellow's best player today.  Can skate, has some skill and really stood out in todays game. 

The third and final day of the Vipers Spring Camp will end tomorrow with just two games in the morning.

4 comments:

hunter behrens said...

I love your Blog. My son was at the Vipers camp all the way from Colorado and this blog was really the only feedback I've been able to get. Did you go to the games today? Thanks!

hunter behrens said...

I love your blog! My son was at the Vipers camp and this blog was the only feedback I could get. Did you go to the final games today? Thanks!

vipersdiehardfan said...

Thank you! Im glad you enjoyed my blog! Wow all the way from Colorado? Welcome to Vernon! I sure hope you have enjoyed your stay here and enjoyed your time in our city. Im curious, How did you find my blog or hear about it?

I thought your son had a great camp and played very well! Made a strong impression on me, thats for sure!

I was at camp today and just posted a writeup-recap on my thoughts from the games.

I talked to a few parents over the weekend and they were all shocked that a season ticket holder (me) would come out just to watch the Vipers Spring Camp.

I wish your son all the best!

Thanks again for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.

Vipersdiehardfan

Anonymous said...

I watched 5 of the Viper spring games this weekend, three of them involved yellow. Some young and upcoming serious talent displayed out there. Good times ahead if we grab the skill needed and available this year. The 97 kid was amazing but I missed his name.