I stopped by Kal Tire Place this afternoon to check out the final scrimmage from training camp.
Each scrimmage is three twenty minute periods with running time and an ice cleaning between each period.
Team Kraus (Green) defeated Team Crowell (White) 6-5 in overtime in front of a small group of fans in attendance. Team Crowell held a 5-2 lead heading into the 3rd period with Team Kraus tying the game with 22 seconds remaining.
From what I saw over the long weekend, I noticed the talent and skill level seems to be much better then some of the past previous training camps.
Ty Raap 09 Is tall but lanky but played well on the blueline today
Sloan Kroeker 08 Isn't the biggest kid but caught my attention and played well
Jed Lake 07 Impressed me, has some hands, can move the puck up ice and has some skill
Roman Lavery 08 who was recently signed by the Vipers, I thought looked good and played good
Liam Magnuson 07 returning from last season, had a goal and was denied on a breakaway, played well at both ends of the rink
Jake Romanov Latawiec 08 Looked good on the blueline. Likes to move the puck
Josh Denes 08 Has really impressed me all camp and one of the more skilled forwards. This kid can skate, move the puck, has soft hands and a ton of skill
Jack Carter 07 I thought made a couple of big stops, played well in goal
Today is the final day of training camp before the Vipers open the 2026 preseason September 7th in West Kelowna.
I picked up the new Vipers gear yesterday from the office.



1 comment:
Thanks for the updates, we will see if any of the standouts make the team or even stay. It was interesting to see that 7 of the previously announced as "acquired by trade or signed" are not even here.
You'll be sporting the new swag this year.
Post a Comment