Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Vipers Lose Chance At Bid For 2011 RBC Cup:

Reading last weeks front page of the Vernon Morning Star Newspaper, It's too bad the Vipers & the City of Vernon didnt have more time to try and get a bid in for the 2011 Royal Bank Cup. With the team already hosting the 1990 Centennial Cup and now just winning the 2009 RBC Cup and being a record 5 time National Champion, the Vipers and the city of Vernon would be perfect to host the 2011 RBC Cup in one of the leagues best arena's. I do have to ask this question, why did they just find out about the 2011 bidding now, when the due date is just weeks away? How come nobody knew about this sooner, so they would have a chance at making a strong bid for the RBC? I dont remember the exact year but I do remember Troy Mick and the Vipers making a bid for the RBC Cup shortly after the Multi-Plex opened and the Vipers & the City of Vernon lost out to Grande Prairie I think? Correct me if I'm wrong. With the Multi-Plex fairly new and the strong history behind the Vipers I was a bit surprised the Vipers lost out in the bidding wars. I sure hope the City of Vernon and the Vipers start acting now and come up with a solid bid to host the 2012 Royal Bank Cup. With Vernon not putting in a bid for 2011 you have to wonder if any of the other BCHL teams-cities will or have submitted a bid to host the RBC. Maybe Penticton? Guess time will tell.

No comments: